L'enfer, c'est les autres...

domingo, diciembre 30, 2007

DP

We're HUMAN; After All, together FUCK'ing with each other all AROUND THE WORLD."

I consider myself as a pretty lucky chap.
I had the opportunity of seeing these guys in the European City of the Holy Vice, by that I mean Amsterdam. In the hall which carries the name of the World's most famous Beer. It's next to the Stadium of the coolest-sounding European team (it sounds so clean, like, saying: " I'm a big Ajax fan" ).
Well, to make the long story sorta short, I had been in three countries before setting foot in the Highlands of Amsterdam. My flight went to the bushy Airport in the State where everything is Bigger. Then I went fag-smoking in some shitty airport where I choose (it was planned) to leave a normal class plane to take a superduperjet flight to Amsterdam Schipol.
My lady sis (she's really my blood sister) went to pick me up, I putted on some deo in the pits and then we headed ourselves Religiously to the stadium.
We took the train, cause u know, if you can drink and drive, well, let's better not drive.
We were given Golden Tokens, and I felt like in a BIG arcade...The crowd was full of nü-raver people, u know, with cheesy colors and stuff. Neon shirts with raver tattoos and girls in used- up-converse. Girls carring kegs on their backs. and they could fill your cup nicely, they were like baristas but hotter. (They were mostly -I think- Dutch).
The gig was in "oh so many ways" like a dream. I mean, I remember most of it, I remember the loops the guys putted on and the people screaming "FUCK".
well, the 90 minutes went by really quick, but I have some REALLY nice memories about that night. I have the American Apparel Shirt.
Anyway, I remember the show like a dream...
When I heard they were gonna play in Monterrey I started to save money. My b'day present was the ticket (along with an Star Wars poster book)
Monterrey is a really good city if you're a tourist. Also if you have money to burn, because there's so much stuff going on right now (like the universal forum).
The thing with US Mexicans is that eventhough we're so cheesy, we know how to dance and how to party. While there's guys that like to hear Rancheras, there's the elctro crew and the nü-raver people. And even-though few people knew another song than "One More Time", we have the fiesta in our Latino blood. The Dafties know how to
I arrived there with my Best Mates, we started drinkin' early since it was Friday...and Down in México the drinks are harder than the Chili sauce....
and that friday wasn't not just any friday, it was the Día de Muertos...so the vibe was really powerful. The opening band (Telefunka) gave a really down to earth warm-up session, and when they were done, I was ready to become a robot.
The thing with Daft Punk, is that they blend perfectly religion with music. I say religion, because religion deals with the Stuff from above, and...
well, these guys are preaching the same things that Jesús said...You know, it's good for you, it's alright, and I Need it Too...and the thing is After All, Love...Music and Good Vibe...
Some chick gave me a free popsicle with a glow-stick on the inside...and, at some point (the break), there was a glow stick rain. Like an army of radioactive fireflies crossing the Mty arena...
Some stupid fuck threw one at them...and -luckily- they went on...
We're Barbarians, or at least that's what I think when I hear the word "culero" (it comes from culo=ass) before The Encore.
It was dark, steamy, -it could have been hell- but there was a paradise vibe all around...
I had to hide my camera like it was drugs, and in the End, I knew it was all worth it....
at the End, I was so happy and so tired...no after party energy...but I understood that we're All Human...After All...

[pixs]